Historical-Folklore museum of Arnaia
The mansion of Iatros, or Iatradiko, has always been one of the most beautiful buildings of Arnaia and the oldest in Halkidiki (it was probably built in the 19th century). After it had been abandoned for years, it was purchased by the Katsaggelos family and next by GNTO who restored it and passed it on to the Municipality. Nowadays, it houses the Historical and Folklore museum edited by George Katsaggelos, professor in Fine Arts of AUTH. It is divided in 12 sections and a great focus has been given to the photographic material from the life in the village. The residents of Arnaia mainly, have offered the hardware and the tools. Some of those are bread utensils, tubs, agricultural and beekeeping tools, the first radio brought here in 1941, coffee kits, carpenter tools, the famous textiles of Arnaia, utensils etc. The upper floor has an old furnished “ontas” (room).
For information please call: +30 23723 50100